On Wednesday, April 17, 2019, the Alliance for Health Policy held a public briefing to discuss the purpose and perspectives surrounding comparative effectiveness research (CER), including how researchers conduct CER studies and how various stakeholders may utilize the results. Panelists also explored the current CER policy landscape.
The panelists included:
- Alfiee M. Breland-Noble, Ph.D., MHSc, Project Director, African American Knowledge Optimized for Mindfully-Healthy Adolescents (AAKOMA), Center for Trauma and the Community, Georgetown Medical Center
- John Bulger, D.O., MBA, Chief Medical Officer, Geisinger Health Plan
- Eleanor Perfetto, M.S., Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, National Health Council
- Sean Tunis, M.D., M.Sc., Founder and Senior Strategic Advisor, Center for Medical Technology Policy
- Gail R. Wilensky, Ph.D., Senior Fellow, Project HOPE
Click here to access the briefing materials, including video, speaker biographies, and presentations.
Note the Alliance for Health Policy is a nonpartisan, not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization promoting knowledge and understanding of health policy. They seek to inform health policy solutions, but they do not endorse, lobby or advocate for specific policy positions. To find more information about the Alliance and their programming, please visit allhealthpolicy.org.